More event details
Strategising Outside the Box, will focus on innovative marketing campaigns - campaigns so original and so unusual, that they've had an impact far beyond their budgets. From brands establishing themselves in a competitive market, to not-for-profits striving for big impact on minimal spend, we'll showcase creative thinking at its finest.
Our panel of industry experts will share their expertise in working on campaigns that have achieved maximum cut-through and exceptional exposure. The panel will also offer top tips in applying the principals of creative thinking to any brand, product or agency.
Join us to learn how to unlock the creative potential of your team, and you will leave inspired with new ways to tackle your next marketing brief.
Our indsutry panel includes:
- Gary Bertwistle, Author & Founder at the Ideas Vault has worked with leading organisations in innovation over the last 20 years, including Westpac, Kelloggs, Optus, Nintendo and more, assisting companies to unlock great ideas in the areas of brand, marketing, business planning and performance. Gary will share some of his top tops, encouraging us to think differently about the way we do things, to achieve success.
- Dan Geaves, Creative Strategy Director at Marlin Communications develops communication strategies for the not for profit sector and has worked with charities in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, for over 10 years. With a background in applied psychology and an interest in behaviour change, Dan will discuss his experience in creating unexpected, but effective campaign concepts for not-for-profits, including Habitat for Humanity, CanTeen and UNICEF Australia.
- Vaughan Kerr, Director at 31ST:SECOND - a Sydney based activations agency that he co-founded in 2009. Five years on, the agency has an annual turnover exceeding $10M and client partners including Campbell Arnotts, Bacardi Lion, Nestlé, Taubmans, The Wrigley Company, Twentieth Century Fox and Unilever. Hear from Vaughan on the agency’s process in developing and delivering unexpected and out of the box brand activations.
Topics covered include:
- Achieving original and effective campaigns on any budget
- The balance between óut-there' ideas and the reality of successful delivery and ROI
- Unlocking creative thinking in the workplace
- Obtaining cut through in the market as a not-for-profit
- Making your mark: marketing ideas for start-ups and entrepreneurs
Who Would Benefit From Attending:
- PR, marketing and advertising professionals, including Account Managers, Consultants, Assistants and Interns
- Business Owners and Directors
- Marketing & Communication Executives
Want to know more? – Submit a suggested question for our panellists via Twitter @NetworxSydney and use the hashtag #nxsyd
- See more at: http://sydney.networxevents.com.au/events-tickets-networking/view/161#sthash.55B67jGg.dpuf
Strategising Outside the Box
Join the Conversation#nxsyd
Here’s a sneaky peek at the speakers for this event.
Gary BertwistleAuthor & Founder of the Ideas Vault
Gary Bertwistle has built his reputation helping companies unlock great ideas in the areas of brand, marketing, business planning and performance. He encourages people to think differently about the way they currently do things, in order to help make their business and personal lives more successful.
Gary has written 6 books - The Keys to Creativity (2006), Who Stole My Mojo? (2008), What Made You Think of That? (2009), The Vibe (2010) and My Dad's Got Mojo (2010). He also co-authored What I Wish I Knew About Cancer in 2011.
In 2002, Gary opened Australia's first ever creative thinking venue called The Ideas Vault, at the Entertainment Quarter in Sydney. It is used by some of the countries biggest corporations for creative thinking, meetings, seminars and training sessions.
In 2007, Gary co-founded a cycling foundation called the Tour de Cure, which since its inception has raised over $10 million for the research, support and prevention of cancer in men, women and children. He founded A Day of Inspiratopn, an annual corporation fundraising event in Sydney & Brisbane. Gary also created & runs 6strings4Cancer, a charity which takes musicians to the bedside of cancer patients in hospital.
Gary has won the TEC Speaker of the Year in 2007, 2008 and again in 2012, an award voted on by Australian CEO's. He is known for his simple and easy going style, and his passion and drive in helping people to think differently about their life, family, business and Mojo.
Dan GeavesCreative Strategy Director- Marlin Communications
Dan Geaves is one of the partners of Marlin Communications, a Sydney-based agency that delivers strategy, design and innovative ideas to the Australian not-for-profit sector.
Marlin Communications helps charities build their charisma and develop communications that inspire people to act. It utilises its expertise in branding, strategy, fundraising, campaigning and marketing communications to work with over 24 Australian organisations including UNCEF Australia, National Breast Cancer Foundation and CanTeen.