More event details
NOTE: The date for this event has been revised to Tuesday, November 12.
‘Content Marketing’ has been a buzzword in the industry this year, particularly in public relations and digital marketing. Yet is it a new concept, or just a new catchphrase? Join us on Tuesday the 12th November as we discuss how to create, develop and distribute effective, shareable brand content – and discover if content really is king.
Our panel of industry experts will explore the relationship between paid, earned, and owned media, and discuss strategies behind the production and integration of written and visual communication for brands such as NRMA, American Express, and Yahoo.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn how to create relevant and compelling content for your brand..
Our Media Panel includes:
- Jessie Dean, Digital Marketing Manager, Lorna Jane, will expand on the brand's approach to content marketing and the role it plays in engaging and converting customers, which is evident in their million plus social media following, Lorna Jane app and inspirational Move Nourish Believe website.
- Gareth Lathey, Content Marketing Manager, RaboDirect, will share his range of experience in online and offline marketing for the world's largest financial institutions, RaboDirect.
- Peter O’Sullivan, Director of Content, PPR Australia will discuss his new role with PPR and what it signals for the agency – an agency that has recently launched video distribution platform PSS Media, expanded their in-house video content production facilities, and partnered with King Content. Peter will discuss content marketing at PPR and his work with clients such as Emirates and McDonalds.
- Paul Ford, Director, King Content. King Content was named the 2012 Content Marketing Agency of the Year, beating more than 60 entries from around the world. Paul will share the agency’s award-winning approach to content, looking at case studies such NRMA and Nine Live.
Topics covered include:
- Brands: the new media publishers
- Key objectives of content marketing and measuring success
- Integration of paid, earned and owned media in marketing strategy
- Creating and curating content to enhance or change consumer behaviour
- Using SEO and data insights to drive content marketing
- Producing effective written, visual, audio and video content
Want to know more? – Submit a suggested question for our panellists via Twitter @NetworxSydney and use the hashtag #nxsyd
Who Would Benefit From Attending:
- PR, marketing and advertising professionals, including Account Managers, Consultants, Assistants and Interns
- Business Owners and Directors
- Marketing & Communication Executives
A-Z of Content Marketing
Join the Conversation#nxsyd
Shelbourne HotelVenue Sponsor
Playing host to prestigious corporate, fashion, media and music events, throwing parties or simply providing a comfortable meeting place after work is what the Shelbourne Hotel is all about.
The space, comprised of 4 bars, a courtyard, lounge and dining areas can all be adapted to suit the needs of any occasion.
With capacity for 300, Altitude Bar on the top floor is perfect for almost any function. The excellent ergonomics enable clientele to benefit from large open spaces while the contemporary design has created a sleek and stylish interior which is as beautiful as it is functional. It has an open-air vergola roof, sound and light systems and is completely self-contained.Learn More
Here’s a sneaky peek at the speakers for this event.
Peter O'SullivanDirector of Content - PPR Australia
Peter has over 15 years’ experience in both media, PR and content marketing in Australia and the United Kingdom.He currently heads up the content marketing and strategy arm of PPR, Australia’s largest PR firm. Peter returned to PPR in July this year, with his appointment following the agency’s recent global expansion announcement, the launch of video distribution platform PSS Media, the growth of their in-house video content producing facilities and the signing of an exclusive PR agency partnership with King Content. As well as helping PPR continue to accelerate its global growth and its integration of content creation and distribution across the agency, the role is also an integral part of PPR’s truly multi-channel communications agency offer, working across owned, earned and paid-for content for clients in Australia, New Zealand and most recently in its new offices in New York, Washington DC and San Francisco. Peter is charged with content strategy and execution across clients across varied arenas including retail, travel, technology, FMCG and corporate, and is Key Client Relationship Manager for some of the agencies long-standing clients including Emirates and McDonald’s. A veteran of PPR, Peter was national head of consumer at the agency for almost 6 years from 2006 and prior to rejoining the agency in July was MD of the Australian office of consumer PR agency, Frank PR for over a year and a half. His career though started on the other side of communications industry as a journalist and producer for ABC, Prime News and Sky News Australia, before spending almost five years in London heading up the TV division of one of the UK’s leading broadcast PR firms, TVC and working with the likes of Sir Richard Branson on campaigns for Virgin Atlantic. Last month Peter was fortunate to be one of a few Australian attendees at Content Marketing World conference in Cleveland.
Paul FordDirector - King Content
Paul Ford is a technology and internet executive with more than 20 years of experience including sales management, strategy execution and measurement and development and implementation of corporate culture. Prior to joining King Content, Paul cofounded search marketing company Decide Interactive, which was acquired by 24/7 Real Media in 2004.King Content Director – As Director of Sales, Paul manages the sales team, which involves working with the Business Development team to implement key strategies around each client’s business requirements.
Gareth LatheyContent Marketing Manager - RaboDirect Australia
Passionate about the customer, storytelling, digital marketing and food.
With over a decade of experience in online and offline marketing across range of industries and brands including big names Yellow Pages, Red Cross, Fairfax and Merivale; he is armed with a wealth of practical knowledge in relationship building.
Currently the Content Marketing Manager at RaboDirect Australia, online savings bank.
Jessie DeanDigital Marketing Manager, Lorna Jane
As Lorna Jane’s Digital Marketing Manager, Jessie works to manage the brand’s social media activity in order to drive ongoing growth and exposure of Lorna Jane’s digital marketing initiatives. As a brand, Lorna Jane understands the importance of content marketing and the role it plays in engaging and converting customers. This is evident in their million plus social following, Lorna Jane app and inspirational Move Nourish Believe website.
Jessie has worked within the industry across many facets over the last 7 years including service and product marketing, loyalty, ecommerce, and brand activation. As a retail addict she loves people watching and knows what makes them tick.