More event details
As we fight to keep our budgets intact in 2013, Networx will be exploring ways marketers can develop creative and successful campaigns without the million dollar spend attached.
Join us on Wednesday 27 March at the City Hotel for our March Networx event entitled, Zero Budget Marketing. We'll examine tips and tricks for working with a small - or non existent - marketing budget. Discover creative ways to promote your client, brand or product and hear how marketeers can achieve big success with a minimal budget.
Our Media Panel includes:
- Movember Chief Operating Officer Jason Hincks will provide insight into the hugely successful mens health charity campaign Movember, which is held in 21 countries and last year raised over $130 million.
- Small Business Marketing Guru Michael Griffiths will explore the simple low cost ways to get your business seen.
- Creative Industries Business Consultant Kate Hurst will expand on the importance of balancing creativity and business, focusing on how to apply marketing strategies that ensure the long-term future of your business.
Topics covered include:
- The most cost-effective communication tools marketers can use
- The power of social media and blogs when promoting a business or campaign on a low budget
- The art of negotiating partnerships, sponsorships, contras, freebies....
- Creativity - is it more important now than ever?
- Top tips for marketing on a shrinking budget
Want to know more? – Submit a suggested question for our panellists via Twitter @NetworxSydney and use the hashtag #nxsyd
Who would benefit from atttending:
- PR and marketing professionals, including Account Directors, Managers and Executives, Assistants and Interns
- Business Owners and Directors
- Marketing & Communication Executives and Consultants
- Charities and Not for Profits
Win amazing lucky door prizes:
- $50 Mr Gift voucher
- $100 Gusto & Elan voucher
- A meal for two at City Hotel
- 2 x movie passes to Palace Cinemas, valued at $40
Zero Budget Marketing
Join the Conversation#nxsyd
Here’s a sneaky peek at the speakers for this event.
Jason HincksChief Operating Officer, Movember
Jason Hincks is the Chief Operating Officer for Movember, a men’s health charity that uses the power of the Moustache to raise funds and awareness for men's health issues – specifically prostate cancer and male mental health. The Movember campaign currently operates in 21 countries and last year raised over $130 million. Jason has extensive experience in marketing and general management, having worked in entertainment and media before moving into the charity space. He holds a Bachelor of Business – Marketing and an MBA, with speciality in International Business and Strategy.
Michael GriffithsSmall Business Marketing Guru
Michael has spent the past eighteen years as a teacher, coach and trainer in some capacity, starting off as a basketball coach when he was only 10 years of age. A former teacher of both primary school and high maths he has quickly moved into the business consulting field and started creating side businesses 7 years ago.
At present he has 6 businesses and provides products and services all around the world.
My Small Business Marketing Guru & Your Business Marketing Agency helps small business owners with a full ‘done for you’ marketing service, while helping business owners get in front of their target audience through both online and offline marketing strategies.
Having lived in a dozen different places around the world, Michael has seen and experienced a wide range of cultures, through this comes a great understanding and appreciation for people, human behavior and how to build relationships.
Now as an entrepreneur, Michael’s passion is helping small business owners generate more leads and sales with effective marketing strategies, having spoke in front off over ½ million business owners in the past 2 years and having created communities of over 1,000,000 people who follow his social media and blogs Michael understands the importance of building your business through relationships and effective marketing.
Kate HurstConsultant to Creative Industries
Kate Hurst was formally trained at the College of Fine Arts (UNSW). Her early career as a fashion designer began with the development of her label Kate Hurst. Through her experiences as a small business owner, Kate developed her skills in not only design and creative direction, but also in the fields of business management & marketing.
Her personal experience as designer and business owner in the highly competitive Australian designer apparel sector, have inspired within her a deep commitment to promoting strategic planning and financial sustainability within the creative industries. In particular, Kate Hurst has worked extensively with small to medium fashion based businesses.
In 2008, in an effort to help creative businesses navigate the world of business management, Kate Hurst set up her consulting firm, Hurst & Co. Working with a collaborative, cross-disciplinary approach, her consulting services include business coaching, operations optimisation, strategic planning, marketing & digital strategy specifically tailored for creative industries.
Since its establishment Kate Hurst has worked with a number of high profile individuals, SME's, non-profit organisations and government institutions across the industries of fashion, interior design, graphic design & visual arts.
Kate Hurst has also recently been appointed as a fashion representative to the NSW Government's Creative Industries Taskforce, a new industry-led body set up to develop strategies to drive growth, innovation and productivity in the creative industries sector.