More event details
With word of mouth being more important than ever, how essential is creativity to the success of a marketing campaign? And if it's all about the ‘conversation’, then what triggers one? Join us on Tuesday 28th May at the Shelbourne Hotel as Australia's leading creative marketers share insights into what gets Australians talking, online and offline.
Our May event, Creating Triggers for Conversation will give you insights into some of Australia's most successful creative campaigns. We are joined by creative experts from Naked Communications, BWM and 1000heads, all of which have developed highly original campaigns that got Australia talking!
Our Media Panel includes:
- Founding Partner of Naked Communications Adam Ferrier will discuss Naked's approach to creative thinking, highlighting their work for clients such as Coke, Sony, Unilever and the Art Series Hotel's Steal Banksy campaign.
- Executive Creative Director of BWM Rob Belgiovane will divulge BWM's philiosphy of 'ideas that get Australians talking', sharing case studies of their work with clients such as Weet-Bix, nib Health Funds, Kmart, Edgell and Birds Eye, TAB, Leggos and Red Cross.
- Chief Operating Officer of 1000heads Joanne Jacobs will expand on the power of word of mouth marketing, focusing on facilitating conversations as a means of improving business and how brands can build lasting social relationships.
Topics covered include:
- How to develop a creative idea that gets people talking
- The best creative campaigns and what they achieved for their brands
- Understanding consumer behaviour and what gets Australia talking
- The power of word of mouth
- Creative ideas gone wrong
Want to know more? – Submit a suggested question for our panellists via Twitter @NetworxSydney and use the hashtag #nxsyd
Who would benefit from atttending:
- PR, advertising and marketing professionals, including Account Directors, Managers and Executives, Assistants and Interns
- Business Owners and Directors
- Marketing & Communication Executives and Consultants
Win amazing lucky door prizes:
- $50 Mr Gift voucher
- 2 x movie passes to Palace Cinemas, valued at $40
- Single Vineyard Cellars Wine Pack
Creating Triggers for Conversation
Join the Conversation#nxsyd
Here’s a sneaky peek at the speakers for this event.
Adam FerrierFounding Partner of Naked Communications
Adam Ferrier is Global Head of Behavioural Science (B.S.) and Founding Partner of Naked Communications. He graduated university with degrees in Commerce and Psychology and by a strange twist of fate began his career in forensic psychology. Adam worked in maximum-security prisons and private practice, before making the natural move to marketing consultancy, working for Added Value. Here Adam switched his interest from understanding criminal behaviour to consumer behaviour.
He completed his Clinical Psychology Thesis in 'Identifying the underlying constructs of cool people', and for a short while was a global cool hunter. Continuing the slide from the moral high-ground Adam joined ad agency, Saatchi & Saatchi, before starting Naked Communications Asia Pacific in 2004.
Naked harnesses a behavioural change model in all communications, focusing on building brands whilst changing behaviour for clients such as Coke, Sony, Weight Watchers, TAC, Renault, and Unilever. Naked has been consistently voted as one of Australia's top 10 agencies.
Adam is regular on ABC radio (Sunday Nights with James O'Loghlin) and TV (Gruen, Celebrity Apprentice, News and Lateline). He writes at The Drum, The Australian, and Adnews, blogs at www.theconsumerpsych.com and tweets @adamferrier. Adam's work has won gold at most of the worlds advertising awards including the Cannes Lions, Clio, LIA, and the Effies (although unfortunately these acronyms don't mean much to most people). Adam was West Australian State Under 12 Chess Champion, and inventor of ‘The Analyst’ a board game still selling well in the Benelux countries.
Rob BelgiovaneExecutive Creative Director - BWM
Rob Belgiovane is a founding partner and Executive Creative Director of Belgiovane Williams Mackay, AdNews Magazine’s ‘Creative Network of the Year” awarded in 2010.
Rob has twice been invited to judge at the Cannes Lions Festival. He has been a key note speaker at international advertising events in Cannes, China and Dubai and was Chairman of The Caxton Awards until 2012.
Under Rob's creative guidance, BWM has become one of Australia's leading creative agencies.
Rob is an avid supporter of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and has cycled Brisbane to Sydney and Sydney to Canberra to help raise funds and awareness for the cause.
He has won numerous international awards including a Cannes Lion in June last year.
Rob’s brand portfolio includes Weet-Bix, nib Health Funds, Kmart, Edgell and Birds Eye, TAB, Leggos and Red Cross.
Joanne JacobsChief Operating Officers, 1000heads
Joanne Jacobs is the COO of 1000heads, a word of mouth marketing firm focusing on facilitating conversations as a means of improving business. She has returned to Australia after four years in London where she was a consultant in social networking technologies, and was a professional speaker, business coach, trainer and strategist for digital marketing practices. Joanne has a long history in academia, lecturing extensively in strategic use of information technology and strategic internet marketing. She was co-editor of the book, Uses of Blogs.